Friday, November 25, 2011

A recent project. . .

I am guilty of NEVER thinking things through...

like the time my mom and I went on a 'diet', also known as a 'cleanse' or what I would rather call 'starvation'.  You could only eat this vegetable soup for several days, and then add bananas to the mix, but since I am allergic to bananas, I was left solely with soup. . .watery, tomatoey, vegetabley soup.  My confession: I came scarily close to pooping my pants on several occasions.

Or the time I decided to start doing the dishes at the SAME time I was pouring the kettle into the sink.  It was a week before my wedding, and yes, it was my left hand that suffered the consequence.

So when I got an old wicker set from my aunt, I thought to myself, 'I will just spruce it up with some paint!  We will be using it by next weekend.'  HA...  really, wicker vs. paint brush.  nah.

I took my daughters and my husband (while my son was at youth group) to Canadian Tire, chose a wonderful colour called Magic Carpet.  Fantastic!  I was so excited, I got right to work - it took me about 10 minutes to realize this was going to take FOREVER, and I should have got spray paint.

Not only do I never think things through, I also never give up.  So my husband peeked in at me, and saw the boredom/frustration on my face and said "It's not too late, you can still go get spray paint."

"No, I chose this colour, and I am going to do this!"

After approximately 8 hours of work, with a minimum of 2 more ahead of me, it is almost done.  Now all I need is to pick some fabric at the store to make a cover for the cushion.  I am getting exactly the colour I wanted... and all the sore shoulder and neck pain I never asked for.  I am still hoping the end result will be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment